What should my accountant know about Connectably?
How do I explain Connectably to my accountant?
Connectably brings your most important business systems – marketing, sales, taking payments, onboarding, bookkeeping and accounting – under management with just two core logins: Connectably and Xero.
In summary, it's going to help you improve your business systems and help you grow your business with more control and structure.
Are there benefits for my Xero accountant of my business using Connectably?
In short, yes there are lots of benefits to you, your bookkeeper and your accountant.
Connectably helps you, your bookkeeper & accountant to:
1. Have simpler points of focus for reviewing, measuring and helping guide your business;
2. Save effort, errors and admin time by not having to re-key invoices in Xero;
3. Have payments reconciled automatically in Xero, saving time on Xero bookkeeping;
4. See what creates paying customers, by automatically mapping Connectably 'lead source' to Xero's 'tracking categories' so that;
5. Without extra effort, review how and which of your marketing and sales activities drive your revenue and profit in Xero's financial reports.
Connecting Xero to Connectably means you:
1. Always keep your customer database up to date, with every new customer in Xero synced to your CRM (& vice-versa);
2. See the value of prospective business in Connectably's sales workflows and actual business won in both Xero and Connectably;
3. Raise and send Xero invoices automatically from Connectably quotes / order forms;
4. Can take secure payments on styled Connectably order forms via debit or credit cards (Stripe) or direct debit (GoCardless), and;
5. Can track 'sales to date' by contact in your CRM.
Do accountants use Connectably?
Smaller accounting practices often see value in Connectably as a home for their small business management. Larger accountancy firms tend to specialise around using a practice management software. So, practicing what we preach on simplicity, Senta, Karbon or AccountancyManager might be more comprehensive if your accountant has more than 5 or 6 people on the team. But if they do need a CRM to better manage your sales and marketing workflows, then Connectably might be a good option for them.
Realistically, Connectably's likely to be a far better fit for the clients of accountants; clients who are services or trades-based businesses. We’re more the recommendation when accountants get that ‘What CRM would you recommend?’ question!