Contacts are central to successful use of a CRM. How we add, manage, work with them, and even archive or delete them is important to your success running a client services business.
On this page we’ll feature tips and guides on getting the most out of contacts in your Connectably system.
If there are parts of managing contacts you’d like to see featured on this page, then please send suggestions to the support email address (support @ connectably.com).
Add Contact Note
Notes allow you to record your interactions with contacts or sales opportunities for your and your team's future reference. They're the digital equivalent of post-it notes left on a monitor, but one that everyone can see.
To create a note:
- Go to a contact or opportunity record, then click 'Create Note' from the left-hand menu;
- Give the note a title / topic (you don't need to reference a date, because when you hit 'Save' it gives the note a time stamp of the current date and time);
- Enter details about the note you are recording - a meeting or conversation write-up, information about some research you've done etc
- Apply styling to words in the note description - like bolded text, underlining, create numbered or unnumbered lists, or create a hyperlink. Don't overlook this step because when scrolling through notes on a contact record the eye is drawn to bold text or text that looks different when you're scanning through notes.
- Assign the note to a user on the system. The default in the list is the user currently logged in.
- Link the note to opportunities, other people or companies on the system.
- When done, click save to save the note to the system.
In the following short video, there's a description of how to create a note, along with formatting hints and tips:
Be aware that for audit purposes, notes are not editable or deletable after creation. If you need to remove a note from the system, please contact support.
Bulk Adding Tags To Contacts
One of the most powerful and useful ways of updating lots of contacts at once is the bulk action function of the filtered contact search:
When you've selected multiple contacts using the check box next to their names (works across multiple pages of contacts), you can simply click the 'Action' dropdown at the top of the list then choose the option 'Apply / Remove Tag(s)' to then choose tags to apply or remove in bulk to / from the selected contact records.
The video below shows how to do it: